2016 Honda CTX 700
*Neither MSRP nor Price includes $380 in destination charges.
*Price does not include tax, title, license and dealer fees
Call for more information
952-224-2054 ex 4
Cities Edge Motorsports
Shakopee MN 55379
700cc of Pure Individuality
Anybody who thinks touring bikes need to be two-wheeled motorhomes hasn’t seen a Honda CTX700. Here’s a machine that embraces the best of motorcycling: light weight, low seat height, superior weather protection, plenty of easy-to-use power, and best of all, the freedom that comes when you strap on a helmet, slip into your favorite leather jacket, and get out on the road.
But the CTX700 isn’t just for vacations. Versatility is what this Honda does best. Equipped with a full fairing, it provides superior comfort and weather protection when you’re spending a long day in the saddle. The laid-back riding position, including the forward-set hand controls and footpegs, help make it comfortable for relaxed street rides. And a full range of Honda Genuine Accessories lets you set it up with saddlebags, backrests, and just about any other touring- or comfort-related feature you could ever want. Best of all, you can get the CTX700 in two versions: one with our conventional six-speed manual transmission and one equipped with our exclusive automatic transmission, the revolutionary Honda Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT).
Incredible Technology, Incredible Value: The CTX700 offers an automatic transmission and ABS version at a low base MSRP*. With the DCT automatic transmission, you can shift with the push of a handlebar-mounted button, or select the automatic mode and the bike will shift itself. Plus, you get Anti-Lock Brakes for improved stopping in less than ideal conditions.
Day-Long Riding Comfort: With its relaxed riding position, the CTX700 allows you to settle down into the bike a bit more, and get to stretch out more, too. The up-front pegs and low seat make it easy to put your feet down at stoplights, too.
Your Power Partner: The CTX700’s 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine produces tons of torque and enough power for easy two-up touring. Honda twins are famous for their wide powerbands and fuel efficiency, and this engine is one of our best.
Go Ahead—Take it With You: We want the CTX700 to be a bike you’ll want to ride every day, not just on weekends. That’s why we went out of our way to design in user-friendly features like the integrated storage—perfect for items you need to access fast.
Full-Fairing Comfort: With its full-coverage fairing and windscreen, the CTX700 lets you enjoy long trips in comfort. But that fairing is a great choice for commuters on chilly mornings too—this is a bike that can really do it all.
Make It Your Own: A wide array of accessories designed specifically for the CTX700 is available to help you get what you want out of your ride. Best of all, they feature the same quality and durability you’ve come to expect from Honda.
- 670cc Parallel-Twin Engine: With its cylinders tipped 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution, the CTX700’s engine is a big step forward in modern powerplant design. The two-cylinder format produces tons of low- and mid-range torque, and the 270-degree-phase crank and uniaxial primary balancer make it smooth, too.
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Honda’s Electronic Fuel Injection means easy startups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations.
- Diamond-Shaped Steel Frame: Light, strong, and with just the right amount of stiffness, the CTX700’s rigid and compact chassis is the foundation for precise handling.
- 41mm Fork: With 4.2 inches of travel, the CTX700 soaks up the bumps and jolts in rough pavement, but also provides excellent handling and superior feedback through the handlebar.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Offering 4.3 inches of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the CTX700 eats up rough pavement while giving you a smoother ride.
- Front- and Rear-Disc Brakes with Available ABS: Single front- and rear-disc brakes give the CTX700 great stopping power. The ABS option incorporates anti-lock brakes (ABS) for the best possible stopping power, especially under challenging conditions.
- Cast Aluminum 17-inch Wheels: The 17-inch wheels give you a wide choice of premium tires to choose from, and really help the CTX700 handle like a pro on the street. The cast wheels are light and strong, too.
- Full-Coverage Fairing: With its full-coverage fairing and windscreen, the CTX700 really adds to your comfort on long trips. The fairing upper and lower components are unique to this model, and are integrated with rest of the bike.
- Low Center of Gravity: The CTX700's low center of gravity makes for a more confidence inspiring, all-around riding experience.
- Relaxed Rider Position: The CTX700 was designed for a comfortable, confidence-inspiring ride. The rider triangle was designed to provide a relaxed riding position for most riders, so you won't feel cramped up after just a few miles down the road.
- Low Seat Height: With a seat height of just 28.3 inches, the CTX700 is confidence-inspiring and comfortable. Combine that with the forward-set controls, and it’s easy to flat-foot it at stoplights or in parking lots.
- LCD Instrument Panel: Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge, and two tripmeters. The instruments are light, compact, and easy to read, too. The DCT/ABS version adds a gear position indicator.
- Integrated Storage Compartment: The CTX700 offers a convenient utility compartment that’s in the fuel-tank area, making it easy to reach.
- Engine Type: 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 73 mm x 80 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 36 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork, 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock, 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 27.7 deg.
- Trail: 114.0 mm (4.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 60.2 in.
- Seat Height: 28.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.17 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 64 MPG
- Model Id: CTX700
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Gray Blue Metallic
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 73 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 36 mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork, 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock, 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 60.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.3 in.
- 27.7 deg.
- 114.0 mm (4.4 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.17 gal.
- 64 mpg
- Six speed
- Final Drive
- Gray Blue Metallic
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan